Minister Chan Chun Sing announced today (April 3) the list of essential services that are ongoing:
- All health and social services
- Food and related services
- Water and waste management and the environment
- Transport and logistics
- information and communication
- Safety measures
- Facility management and critical public infrastructure
- Manufacturing activities are the key to maintenance and security
- Banking and finance
He stressed that companies that are critical to global supply chains will continue to exist. These include biopharmaceuticals, petrochemicals and the associated supply chains.
Sectors like construction, which take some time to process securely, will have a short grace period in the next few days, Chan added.
While all supermarkets, Hawker centers and restaurants will remain open, there will be no restaurants. Food stalls and food delivery services will continue.
“Our supply lines and supply chains are currently intact and will continue to function smoothly. There is no need to rush to the supermarkets to stock up as this will only disrupt our logistics systems, ”he said.
In the meantime, the business world can call 6898-1800 if they have any questions.