Today's deal master is marked by a nifty offer for Anker's Soundcore Life Q30, as the noise-canceling wireless headphones are currently available for $ 68 at various retailers. That's $ 12 less than the typical online price of the device and just $ 4 more than the lowest price we've tracked.
While we recently praised the $ 200 Puro Pro headphones, the Soundcore Life Q30 is a great pick for those on the edge of spending too much. We haven't officially reviewed the headphones on the site yet, but plan to consider them a budget pick in an upcoming guide to wireless noise-canceling headphones. For well under $ 100, they offer a comfortable design that is well padded and light on your head (when it's heavy on plastic), tremendous battery life that can deliver over 40 hours per charge (depending on the volume) , USB-C charging, physical volume and playback controls, and convenient multi-device pairing.
In terms of sound quality, the Soundcore Life Q30 has a "V-shaped" signature, which means that the bass and treble ranges are accentuated at the expense of some mid-range detail. There is extra emphasis on the bass so many hip hop and pop tracks will have a serious punch. The headphones are definitely not a device for audio purists who want their doses to match the recording quality of a song as closely as possible. However, if you prefer a more excited sound (and many do), the Soundcore Life Q30 does it without sounding sloppy. Additionally, Anker's Companion app has a graphic EQ with multiple presets that allow you to tweak the sound to something brighter or flatter.
The headphones' active noise cancellation isn't as effective as that of Sony's WH-1000XM4, but it can attenuate a significant amount of low-end noise (e.g. an airplane engine or a rumbling train) while turning off a noticeably higher level – Pitch sounds. Noise Cancellation also includes a "transparency" mode that combines outside noise with your music without overwhelming it. Again, this is not as fluid as similar functions on more expensive pairs and has a more noticeable effect on the audio quality of the headphones. But when you consider that the Soundcore Life Q30 is a quarter the price, all of this is close enough to offer great value.
However, if you don't need new headphones, we also have offers for a recommended Bluetooth speaker (also from Anker), an excellent USB-C fast charger from RavPower, accessories for the iPhone and Nintendo Switch, instant pots and much more. You can check out our full overview below.
The Dealmaster has published its own newsletter! Sign up for a shorter, narrower list of the best tech deals on the web – no nonsense, straight to your inbox and often before they get to the Ars homepage.
Top 10 offers of the day
Enlarge /. Ankers Soundcore Life Q30 are stunning wireless noise-canceling headphones that cost less than $ 100.
Offers for laptops and desktops
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 laptop – Intel Core i5-1035G7, 13.5 inch 2256 x 1504, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD for $ 899.99 at Microsoft (typically $ 1,300).
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet 2-in-1 Tablet – MediaTek Helio P60T, 10.1 inch 1920 x 1200, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB eMMC for $ 249 at Best Buy (usually $ 299).
- SK Hynix Gold S31 (500 GB) 2.5-inch SATA internal SSD for $ 48.44 at Amazon (Clip 15% voucher– usually $ 57).
- SK Hynix Gold S31 (1 TB) 2.5-inch SATA internal SSD for $ 89.24 at Amazon (Clip 15% voucher– usually $ 105).
- 27-inch Gigabyte G27Q gaming monitor – 2560 x 1440, IPS, 144 Hz, FreeSync for $ 279.99 on Amazon and eBay (typically $ 320).
- 27 inch gaming monitor Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx – 2560 x 1440, IPS, 170 Hz, FreeSync, HDR400 for $ 299 at B&H (usually $ 370).
- 32-inch LG 32UL500-W Monitor – 3840 x 2160, VA, 60 Hz, FreeSync for $ 269.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (typically $ 330).
/. Yakuza: Like a Dragon was one of our favorite games of 2020.
Video game deals
/. Overcooked is a manic co-op party game.
- Overcooked! Everything you can eat (PS5, Xbox series) for $ 34.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 45).
- Cuphead (PS4, digital) for $ 14.99 on the PlayStation Store (usually $ 20).
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience (PS4, digital) for $ 5.99 on the PlayStation Store (usually $ 20).
- Immortal Fenyx Rising (PS5, PS4, Xbox, Switch) for $ 29.99 on Amazon (usually $ 40).
- Deadly Premonition 2: A blessing in disguise (switch) for $ 29.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 45).
- Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox) for $ 9.99 on Amazon (also on the Xbox Game Pass – usually $ 14).
- Kingdom Hearts All-in-One Pack (PS4, Xbox) for $ 29.99 at Amazon and Walmart (usually $ 35).
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa by Dana (switch, digital) for $ 23.99 at Nintendo eShop (usually $ 50).
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (Switch, PS5, Xbox) for $ 29.99 on Amazon (usually $ 40).
- Ape Out (PC, digital) for $ 4.94 on Steam (usually $ 15).
- Between us (switch, digital) for $ 3.50 at Nintendo eShop (usually $ 5).
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill (switch, digital) for $ 13.39 at Nintendo eShop (usually $ 20).
- Iconoclasts (switch, digital) for $ 6.79 at Nintendo eShop (usually $ 20).
- Golf Story (switch, digital) for 7.49 USD at Nintendo eShop (usually $ 15).
Enlarge /. The Fox in the Forest is a two player card game that we like.
Enlarge /. The Logitech G305 Lightspeed is a good wireless gaming mouse for less than $ 50.
TV and home entertainment offers
- 55-inch LG CX (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV for $ 1,349.99 at Amazon (Clip $ 47 coupon– usually $ 1,550).
- 55 inch 4K HDR OLED TV Sony A8H (2020 mode) for $ 1,498 at Amazon (typically $ 1,800).
- 75-inch TCL S535 (2020 model) 4K HDR QLED Roku TV for $ 998 at Amazon and Best Buy (typically $ 1,180).
Enlarge /. Anker's Soundcore Motion Plus is a full-sounding Bluetooth speaker that doesn't break the bank.
Headphone and audio deals
Enlarge /. The Logitech K780 is a recommended wireless keyboard for users working on multiple screens.
Enlarge /. The Indoor Cam 2K from Eufy is an excellent surveillance camera for price-conscious customers.
Smart home device deals
Enlarge /. RavPower's RP-PC128 (left) is a powerful 90W USB-C wall charger that allows you to charge your devices at full speed.
Accessories and various offers
- RavPower RP-PC128 90W USB-C PD wall charger with 2 ports for $ 38.99 at Amazon (Clip $ 8 coupon– usually $ 50).
- Prime only: Nekteck PD 45W Car Charger Type C 2-Port USB-C PD Car Charger for $ 17.99 on Amazon (usually $ 20).
- Apple MagSafe Charger 15W wireless charger for iPhone 12 for $ 34 at Amazon and Walmart (usually $ 39).
- Apple Magic Keyboard for 11-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) and iPad Air (4th generation) for $ 199 on Amazon (typically $ 289).
- Apple Smart Folio (White) Sleeve for 10.9-inch iPad Air (4th Generation) for $ 39 at Amazon (usually $ 79).
- Aukey PB-WL03 Portable USB-C PD battery with wireless Qi charging – 18 W USB-C PD, USB-A 20,000 mAh, 10 W Qi for $ 36.33 at Amazon (Clip 10% voucher and use the code: HEA8GOI6 (usually $ 46).
- Portable power plant Jackery Explorer 500 – 500 W, 518 kW, 3x USB-A, alternating current, 12 V socket for $ 419.99 at Amazon and Jackery (Clip $ 80 coupon– usually $ 500).
- SanDisk Ultra (400 GB) UHS-I microSDXC card for $ 44.99 at Amazon (usually $ 50).
- Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus (8qt) 10-in-1 pressure cooker for $ 89.98 on Amazon (usually $ 140).
Enlarge /. The iPad Air with Apple's Magic Keyboard and trackpad accessories.
- Anker Powerline + II (10ft) USB-A to Lightning cable for $ 15.88 at Amazon (usually $ 22).
- TaoTronics TT-BR009 Bluetooth audio adapter – Bluetooth 4.2, aptX for $ 15.99 at Amazon (Clip $ 10 coupon– usually $ 26).
- Microsoft Surface Pen (Poppy Red) Pen for $ 65 at Amazon (usually $ 70).
- Logitech Slim Folio keyboard case for iPad (8th / 7th generation) for $ 84.99 at Amazon (usually $ 97).
- LapGear Sidekick Lap Desk with phone holder for $ 14.99 on Amazon (fits up to 15.6-inch laptops – typically $ 20).
- Full desk chair for office chair $ 249 at Fully (usually $ 299).
- ASTI LectroFan Classic machine with white noise for $ 32.17 on Amazon (usually $ 40).
- Philips SmartSleep (HF3520) wake-up light for $ 79.95 on Amazon (usually $ 105).
- Vava VA-UC017 7-in-1 USB-C hub – 3x USB 3.0, 100 W USB-C-PD, SD, microSD, HDMI (4K at 30 Hz) for $ 21.24 on Amazon (usually $ 25).