As with TikTok The existential roller coaster ride continues to rattle. The company tries to influence regulators and the public with a barrage of dollars and arguments embedded in free entrepreneurship and expression to ensure that the parent company Bytedance can keep control of its business.
The urge to validate his business comes from reports of a potential ban on the president and Microsoft's offer to take over the company's business in the United States.
TikTok and its parent company Bytedance have picked up some defenders of the American civil rights movement as they face domestic competition and political attacks.
The American Civil Liberties Union late last night tweeted his objection to President Trump's proposed ban.
Banning an app like TikTok that allows millions of Americans to communicate with each other is a danger to freedom of expression and is technologically impractical. https://t.co/ZbN7f2TOwF
– ACLU (@ACLU) August 1, 2020
"With any internet platform, we should be concerned about the risk of sensitive private information being leaked to abusive governments, including our own," the ACLU wrote in a subsequent statement. "But shutting down a platform, even if legally possible, affects freedom of expression on the Internet and does not help solve the broader problem of unjustified government surveillance."
Meanwhile, sentiment in China seems resigned to the US, forcing bytedance to sell its US interests. In a survey by Sina Technology on the social media platform Weibo When asked what people think of Bytedance that TikTok may be selling to Microsoft, 36.7,000 of a total of 75.3,000 respondents saw this as "a reluctant and helpless solution that is understandable," while 35.1,000 said they were " disappointed and hope (the company) could consider a little bit more ”. https://m.weibo.cn/1642634100/4533238409991735
Even though ownership of the service is still open, the company acted quickly to assure its users that TikTok will continue to operate in the United States.
The company is also doubling its efforts to target developers, even if it has flaws due to the potential misuse of user data.
On Tuesday, a group of the company's biggest celebrities with a total audience of around 47 million viewers left the platform for their much smaller competitor Triller.
Triller was founded in 2015, two years before TikTok started its explosive rise to fame is supported by some of the biggest names in American music and entertainment, including Snoop Dogg, The Weeknd, Marshmello, Lil Wayne, Juice WRLD, Young Thug, Kendrick Lamar, Baron Davis, Tyga, TI, Jake Paul and Troy Carter.
TikTok stars Josh Richards, Griffin Johnson, Noah Beck and Anthony Reeves are now joining their ranks as investors and advisors. Richards, Johnson, Beck and Reeves are also compensated by Triller, but the reason they have left the service is because of government security concerns.
Triller compensates Richards, Johnson, Beck and Reeves, although the details of the deals are unknown. Still, the developers say they leave TikTok because they are aware of the Chinese company's security practices.
"After seeing the concerns of the governments of the United States and other countries about TikTok and taking on my responsibility to protect and guide my followers and other influencing factors, I followed my instincts as an entrepreneur and made it my task to find a solution," Richards said, assuming the title of chief strategy officer, the LA Times said.
TikTok then announced a dramatic increase in the company's start-up fund. Kevin Mayer, CEO of TikTok, announced in a blog post earlier this week that the fund would reach $ 1 billion in the next three years.
TikTok's charm offensive can ward off the attacks, but the company needs to address concerns about user data. It is the most pressing threat to the company and those who are least prepared for it.