The heavy rainfall of the winter monsoon in Malaysia this year has killed at least 20,000 evacuees in the states of Johor, Pahang, Perak, Selangor and Terengganu.
With the confirmation of at least three deaths in Johor and a major pandemic, survivors urgently need help.
We scoured the internet for charities that have started initiatives to help them and found 10 organizations that you can contribute to.
To find out more about them, you can click on their names in the headings.
For volunteers and financial aid
1. MERCY Malaysia Flood Relief Fund
Photo credit: MERCY Malaysia
The goal: MERCY Malaysia is asking medical and non-medical volunteers to help distribute hygiene kits to victims in evacuation centers.
Accommodation, transportation and meals are provided to volunteers.
The organizers: MERCY Malaysia is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing humanitarian aid in crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Register as a volunteer by calling Azizan on 019-377 4873 or by calling Azizan
- Direct your donations to the MERCY Humanitarian Fund | further Maybank 5621 7950 4126 or via their website.
2. IMARET flood relief
Photo credit: IMARET
The goal: The IMAM Response and Aid Team (IMARET) delivers relief supplies and mobilizes volunteers to distribute them to flood victims.
The medical volunteers are urgently deployed to care for the increasing number of victims in evacuation centers.
The organizers: IMARET is supported by the Islamic Medical Association of Malaysia (IMAM), which provides humanitarian aid for disaster and relief programs in marginalized communities.
- Register here as a volunteer.
- Donate via the Billplz link or to Persatuan Perubatan Islam Malaysia | CIMB 8600 703 709.
3. Mission in support of flood victims
Photo credit: Yayasan Maghfirah
The goal: Yayasan Maghfirah and Ikatan Muslimin Malaysia (ISMA) are looking for donations to distribute care packages for families affected by the flood.
Each package is provided with essential goods and clothing worth 50 RM.
The organizers: Yayasan Maghfirah is a non-profit organization that helps through crowdfunding in the fields of education and welfare. ISMA fights for the rights and interests of Muslims in Malaysia.
- Contributions can be made via the Billplz link or
- Maghfirah Foundation | Maybank 5622 6355 2802; or
- Maghfirah Foundation | CIMB Islamic 860 322 1427.
4th Kitafunds donations for flood victims
The goal: Kitafund's campaign raised 50,000 RM to provide the flood victims with blankets, water and food.
The funds will also be used to distribute face masks and hand sanitizer to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the flood relief centers.
In 29 days so far, at the time of writing, they have raised a total of 661 RM.
The organizers: Kitafund is a crowdfunding platform that helps people with medical emergencies, humanitarian needs and higher education.
Help: Sponsor the crowdfunding campaign.
5. Malaysian Red Crescent Emergency aid for floods
The goal: The Malaysian Red Crescent Society is raising funds to help the flood victims in Johor and Pahang.
The organizers: The Malaysian Red Crescent Society is a non-profit organization devoted to humanitarian action and service.
Help: Donation to the Malaysian Red Crescent Society | Maybank 5144 2210 2657.
6th MyCARE & # 39; s Emergency Flood Relief
Photo credit: MyCARE
The goal: MyCARE's campaign encourages volunteers to help with the distribution and cleaning work in evacuation centers to reduce the burden on flood victims.
The organizers: MyCARE is a humanitarian aid network that provides shelter and fresh water in flood-affected areas.
- Register here as a volunteer,
- Donate through their website or
- Humanitarian Aid Malaysia Berhad | CIMB Islamic 135 8602 592.
7th Tabung Untukmu Malaysia 2.1 campaign
Photo credit: Muslim Volunteer Malaysia
The goal: Muslim Volunteer Malaysia (MVM) aims to raise RM875,000 for the victims affected by the flood and COVID-19 outbreaks in our country.
So far, they total RM 983, with 359 days remaining at the time of writing.
The organizers: MVM aims to empower socially responsible society to ease the burden of the needy in Malaysia.
- Submit your donations through their website, or
- Muslim Volunteer Organization | Maybank 7699 56480 164;
- Muslim Volunteer Organization | CIMB Islamic 07 8602 5378;
- Muslim Volunteer Organization | Bank Islam 0030 1230 0010 65.
8th. Pahang State Flood Assistance Appeal 2021
The goal: Yayasan Ikram Malaysia Pahang (iBantu Pahang) is open to donations to help the flood victims in the Pahang area.
The organizers: Yayasan Ikram Malaysia provides relief to the less fortunate and disaster relief. These include floods, fires, and landslides.
- Donate via the Billplz link or
- Malaysian Ikram Foundation | Maybank 5621 4240 4402
9. Help Johor's flood
The goal: In cooperation with the Kelab Belia Skuad Maharani (Bandar Maharani City Squad), MUDA wants to collect 50,000 RM to help 1,000 families in 4 districts in Johor.
The funds will be used to provide the victims with food and hygiene kits (toothbrushes, soap, etc.).
The organizer: MUDA is a political party led by Syed Saddiq creating a new identity and politics in Malaysia. Kelab Belia Skuad Maharani is a volunteer youth group in Johor to support the government and society.
Help: Donations can be made to Kelab Belia Skuad Maharani | Maybank 5514 1811 6264
For clothes and other important things
10. Rakan Mudas donation of clothing and food for flood victims
The goal: Rakan Muda collects clothing and basic food (cookies, rice, etc.) from the public to distribute to flood victims across the country.
They are open to donate at their office this week, which is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekends.
The organizers: The Rakan Muda program was launched by the Malaysian Ministry of Youth and Sports. They aim to bring forth a generation of youth to support the nation's development goals.
- Clothing and essentials can be donated at Pusat Bantuan Misi Banjir, Galeri KBS, Aras Bawah (ground floor), Menara KBS, Kementerian Belia and Sukan Malaysia, Presint 4, Putrajaya.
11. JBS donation of clothing and food for flood victims
The goal: Perak's youth and sports department (Jabatan Belia and Sukan Negeri Perak) collects clothes and basic food to distribute to Perak's flood victims.
They only accept donations for non-torn clothing and dried packaged food (canned food, cookies, etc.).
This initiative is open from January 4th to 8th, where donations can be made daily from 11am to 5pm in their office.
The organizers: Jabatan Belia and Sukan Negeri Perak is a government organization that aims to build active and united youth in the country.
Help: Clothing and essentials can be donated at Jabatan Belia. Dan Sukan Negeri Perak, Jalan Ghazali Jawi, 31400 Ipoh, Perak.
12. Pahang flood relief
The goal: Yayasan Al-Sultan Abdullah urges the public to donate clothes, bed linen (mattresses, pillows, etc.), food and toiletries to the flood victims in Pahang. The cut-off time for these items in your office is 7:00 p.m. every weekday.
It is recommended that these items be packed in boxes along with a list of the items in the box.
The organizers: Yayasan Al-Sultan Abdullah is a charity that provides dialysis treatments for chronic kidney patients in B40 and M40 groups.
- Boxes can be sent to the iSend Distribution Center, 19, Jalan Mewah 3/4, Taman Pandan Mewah, 68000 Ampang, Selangor.
- Donation to Yayasan Al-Sultan Abdullah | Bank Islam 0601 9010 029 297
– –// –
The COVID-19 pandemic has already made many lives difficult and now evacuees must seek refuge in crowded buildings with little necessity.
If you can, your support for the flood victims through any of these organizations will not go unnoticed.
- Read about other social enterprises and charity articles we have written about here.
Selected image source: MERCY Malaysia