The death toll from China's new coronavirus epidemic rose to over 1,700 on Monday after another 100 people died in the hard-hit Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak.
In its daily update, the Provincial Health Commission also reported 1,933 new cases.
There are now at least 70,400 people infected across the country.
Most are located in Hubei, where the virus first appeared in December before a nationwide epidemic occurred.
The number of new cases in the province has decreased since a sharp increase last week when officials changed their criteria for counting cases to include people diagnosed with lung imaging.
Monday's numbers were around 100 higher than on Sunday, but still significantly lower than on Friday and Saturday.
Outside of the hardest hit Hubei, the number of new cases has declined, and a spokesman for the Chinese health authority said on Sunday that the slowdown is a sign that the outbreak is being controlled.
However, World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has warned that "it is impossible to predict which direction this epidemic will take".
International experts have arrived in Beijing and have started meeting their Chinese colleagues about the epidemic, Tedros said on Twitter.