Apple launched its Apple One subscription bundle, which combines multiple services – including Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, and Apple Arcade – into a single monthly price. Apple One also includes additional iCloud storage, with the allocation increasing the more you pay.
Apple One is available in three different levels:
- Individual ($ 14.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and 50 GB of iCloud storage
- Family ($ 19.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage
- Premier ($ 29.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, Apple News Plus, Apple Fitness Plus (later this year), and 2 TB of iCloud storage
Both the Family and Premier plans can be shared with up to five other people linked to your Apple account. Note that only the Premier tier includes Apple News Plus and the upcoming Apple Fitness Plus service.
To sign up for a free trial of Apple One and use the services included:
- Open the settings on your iPhone or iPad
- At the top of the main settings menu, tap your Apple ID
- Select "Subscriptions"
- You should now see a Get Apple One section at the top of this screen. Tap Try Now.
- Next you will be shown the three different subscription levels. Each product comes with a one-month free trial. However, Apple states that "your existing subscriptions are not eligible for the trial". (It's likely that many people still have active Apple TV Plus subscriptions since Apple recently extended them to February.)
If at some point you decide that the bundle is not worth it, you can always cancel Apple One in the same subscription area in your settings. Apple Card holders get 3 percent cashback when they sign in to Apple One with the card.
Apple has announced that it will launch Apple One in over 100 countries this fall. The Premier plan, however, will be more limited; It's only available in Australia, Canada, the UK, and the US as they offer Apple News Plus. The Apple News Fitness Plus service is expected to roll out later this year.
How much does Apple One actually save me?
According to Apple estimates, the Apple One Individual plan offers savings of over $ 6 per month when you pay for all included services at full price, while the Family plan offers savings of over $ 8 per month, and the Premier plan offers a saving of over $ 25 per month. "
Keep in mind, however, that Verizon is now adding Apple Music to some of its cellular plans, and you may already get Apple TV Plus free for a few months if you've recently purchased an Apple device. So you still have to weigh up whether the combo package (and the convenience of one price for everything) makes sense.