A roadside bomb killed a journalist and driver after hitting a minivan with employees of a private Afghan television station in Kabul on Saturday and killing a journalist and the driver, the news director and network officials said.
The couple died when the bus was hit by 15 Khurshid TV employees, the station's news director, Jawed Farhad, told AFP.
The Home Office also confirmed the attack and said the minivan had been targeted.
"The target of the explosion was the Khurshid private television vehicle," the ministry said.
Images shared on social media showed a white minibus, the front of which was badly damaged.
It was the second such attack against the broadcaster's staff in less than a year.
In August 2019, two passersby were killed when a "sticky bomb" – a type of homemade explosive attached to vehicles with magnets – hit a similar Khurshid television car.
No group took responsibility for this attack, which injured three employees, and no one immediately took the Saturday attack.
Afghanistan is one of the deadliest places in the world for journalists who are exposed to many risks, which cover the country's long conflict, and who have sometimes been selected for their work.
The latest attack has occurred during a general decline in violence across much of Afghanistan since the Taliban offered a surprising three-day ceasefire on May 24.
While the ceasefire ended on Tuesday evening, violence has remained largely low, despite the fact that the Afghan security forces have suffered some attacks that the authorities have accused the Taliban of.
(Except for the headline, this story was not edited by NDTV staff and published from a syndicated feed.)