North Korea will cut military and political communications with "hostile" South Korea on Tuesday, the state media said after threats against activists sending flyers against Pyongyang across the border were heard.
The threats come to a halt with inter-Korean relations, despite three summits between Kim Jong Un from the north and Moon Jae-in from the south in 2018.
Pyongyang "will completely cut and close the line between the North and South authorities that was maintained through the North-South Joint Liaison Office," as well as other communications "from June 9 at 12:00, 2020," said the Korean Central News Agency.
Connections that will be cut include the "East and West Sea communications lines" between the military on both sides, an inter-Korean "process communications line", and a hotline between the Korean Workers' Party Central Committee and South Korean President Blue House, KCNA said.
Last week, the north threatened to close the liaison office with the south and took further steps to make Seoul "suffer".
Kim's powerful sister, Kim Yo Jong, also threatened to abolish a military agreement signed with Seoul unless the south prevented activists from sending the leaflets.
KCNA said Tuesday that Kim Yo Jong and another top official, Kim Yong Chol, "emphasized that working south should thoroughly become one against the enemy."
Pyongyang cut contact with Seoul after the collapse of a Kim and US President Donald Trump summit in Hanoi last year that stalled nuclear talks.
(Except for the headline, this story was not edited by NDTV staff and published from a syndicated feed.)