"I will not lie. That sucks. This is the last headquarters ever! Cried host Matt Richards , And from there it got even crazier. The HQ Trivia farewell game before it closed last night was a nice disaster. The hosts swore, sprayed champagne, threatened to empty the troll houses in the chat window, and asked for new jobs. Imagine Jeopardy, but Trebek is hyped up and darkened.
Yesterday HQ Trivia ran out of money, fired its 25 employees and closed. It was in talks to buy, but the buyer withdrew at the last minute and investors were unwilling to put money into the sagging game show. Since launch in late 2017, the company has paid $ 6 million in prizes from its venture capital of over $ 15 million.
However, headquarters has been in constant decline since February 2018, when it recently peaked at over 2.3 million simultaneous players to just tens of thousands. The games repeated, the prize money was divided between too many winners, co-founder Colin Kroll died, the original host and quiz father Scott Rogowsky was fired, the start-up employees failed in trying to mutinize and oust the CEO, and it happened Layoffs. Here you can read how everything went.
But instead of withering, the current cultural phenomenon went off with a bang. "Should the HQ trivia be closed? No? Yes? Or fuck * no! "Richard cackled.
You can see the last show here and we've put together some of the best quotes from Richards and co-host Anna Roisman from HQ's last game:
- "If you're just here, this is HQ Trivia. It is a mobile live game show. We will read about 34 questions and then you will win about 2 cents and you will fucking love it. "-Roisman
- "This $ 5 price comes from my own pocket. We have no more money. We just gave it away. We gave everything to the players, you, your loyal headquarters. "-Richards
- "Take your time now to buy additional lives. You never know when you will need them. I wish we had an extra life for the company. I'm so sorry. I can not fuck. I will cry. My dogs eat $ 200 Eat a day. My dogs will starve. "- Richard
- "Why do we close? I dont know. Ask our investors. What do I do with my aquarium? I think our investors ran out of money. "-Richards
- "Who likes healthy snacks! For this reason, investors stopped giving us money because there were no damn snacks in this b * tch. We were without a snack. Who the hell can work in a place without snacks! -Richards
- "I met a couple who told me headquarters was part of their foreplay," Richards said
- "Who will miss the HQ chat? I will miss all the people who tell me that I have no eyebrows or that I should do Carlton
- "Maybe we should close every night. These are the nicest comments I've ever seen. Wow, you're finally telling me that I look hot. I tried it for a year and a half – Roisman
- (Read comments) "I won't miss you at all, good liberation" -Roisman. "Who said that? Let's find this Mothef * cker and Sh * t on his porch." -Richards
- "Hire everyone! All people who have no jobs fuck rock! "-Richards
- (While doing a headstand) "Someone is hiring me! I'm very talented. "-Roisman
- "We should have unionized a long time ago" -Richards
- (To his girlfriend) "Hello baby! I don't have a job, do you still love me? "-Richards
- "We bought this huge bottle of champagne when we met 3 million players" -Richards (HQ never got there)
- (Shake up the champagne and open it for a disappointing trickle) "It wasn't as big as I thought it would be" -Richards. "She said that. It was anti-climactic ”Roisman. "Similar to this episode" Richards. "Similar to this app" -Roisman
- "They gave me Tequila like two double shots" -Richards why he was drunk
Then after 41 minutes it really went wrong, up here:
- (If a couple of people have a wrong question) "You're fucking shitty! You are stupid! I'm kidding you're not stupid. You messed it up. It happens ”-Richards
- (Read the last question together.) "What does Subway call the employees? Ham hands, sandwich artists or beef sculptors?"
- “520 people split $ 5. Send me your Venmo requests and I will send you your fraction of a penny. "- Richard
Farewell, HQ Trivia, you wonderful animal.